Saturday, February 9, 2013

Simply Fun

January has come and gone, and so far my new year's resolutions are doing quite well! :) (give or take a few 'off' ' days.) 

Here are a few things I have enjoyed this year so far. Thought I'd share. 

1. My devotions. I'm reading Sarah Young's "Jesus Calling." If you're unfamiliar with it, check it out here. It's an overwhelming journey learning to walk and live in the Presence of Jesus, and trust Him with every problem and thought. 

2. A new addition to our family: Clear Play! I can't find enough positive words to describe this new technology we've purchased! Check it out on their website. Basically, it allows you to watch videos and movies and bypasses negative elements, language, etc. with the option to change the settings for each movie you watch. Super cool! 

3. Working on my Chopin Pedagogy Project. It's actually more fun than it sounds. I get to play some of the most sophisticated and beautiful piano music ever written- and call it 'homework.' :) Check out the Nocturnes by Chopin if you love relaxing piano music. Warning: you may fall asleep.

5. Enjoying scenery around me. I spend a lot of time on the road, and it's relaxing to observe the scenery. This was a beautiful sunset in High Point a few weeks ago. 


6. Eating good food. I love eating. Period. And, while I have been eating healthier this year (and enjoying the results), there's nothing like good ole Lexington BBQ, hush puppies, and sweet tea. Mmmm. Good for what ails ya! I love living in the South. :)


Then, there's mom's peach cobbler. Sugar free, except for the icecream. Wow- it's truly awesome! 


7. Random projects. I love crafty projects! And, these are a few I came up with. 

I have several dozen (no exaggeration) plastic easter eggs left over from last year. Blech. SO, brilliant me, decided to do something with them. So I painted and glittered them. I also painted polka dots on some of them. Anyways, they're pretty cute! 


The nest, Well. *clears throat* I wanted a cute little nest. Found one for $20.00, and thought to myself, "self, I can make that." So I did. With moss from Dollar Tree...and a Chinese Noodle Bowl dinner. Ha! No joke. I cut the bowl in half and hot-glued moss to it, and ta-da! Not difficult, cheap, and it's cute. Perfect combination! 


And, since it's February and Valentine's is soon approaching, I made cookies today for students and Sunday School kiddos! First time making the icing recipe and it was amazing! 

And. yes. that's a random green Shamrock on the right. March is soon too...right? :)



Happy February 9th! 

'till next time...





3 comments:

Charity said...

Fun! Loved seeing what you're up to. Although you didn't mention the crunchy ice in your Southern sweet tea! That is one of my favorite things! And I'll take the shamrock cookie off your hands- hopefully March and its warmer breezes will come soon.

Charity said...

And I'm not Kathryn, I'm Charity (I've got to fix that!)

Elizabeth said...

I saw Kathryn. I don't remember knowing a Kathryn. Thanks for clearing that up, Charity. :)
And yes- how did I forget the crunchy ice? It's amazing, I agree! March is my favorite month...may it come quickly!