Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Climbing Walls with God


Today was a particularly difficult day for my family and I as we made arrangements to move my grandfather into a nursing facility close to us. This chapter- Psalm 18- really stood out to me today, and I trust it will encourage you also. 
Truly, God is perfect, infinite, all-powerful, and He doesn't need my help to be awesome. 

Psalm 18:29-35 (NLT translation)

The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness.
29 In your strength I can crush an army;
    with my God I can scale any wall.

* Our God is so awesome, that nothing takes Him by surprise! He has the power to do anything under the sun, and the power to equip us for battle. 
30 God’s way is perfect.
    All the Lord’s promises prove true.
    He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.

*Don't you love the 'ta-da' feeling of this verse? "God's way is perfect." the end. Why do we question His ways? Stop second-guessing Him! God doesn't need a supervisor. 



31 
For who is God except the Lord?
    Who but our God is a solid rock?

*Don't worry about having a back-up plan when you rely on God; He's It. He's where the 'buck stops,' and nothing gets past Him. 

32 God arms me with strength,
    and he makes my way perfect.

33 He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
    enabling me to stand on mountain heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
    he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.

*God knows what trials await us, and He will adequately prepare us for each and every one of them- and give us the strength as we need it.

35 You have given me your shield of victory.
    Your right hand supports me;
    your help has made me great.


Tonight, I'm sitting in that right hand, trusting it will support my family and me in the days and weeks to come as we care for my grandfather during this final stretch. With the help of the Almighty God, He will make me victorious in this continuous battle of trust, and give peace in the most difficult of times. 


until next time. . . 
e

No comments: