Saturday, September 22, 2012

a genius cold remedy

Well, sniff as is typical with the arrival of Fall, sniff germs and colds increase. Booooo. I am a victim, thanks to a weekend visit with my sister in Greenville. (Great visit, but resulted in a biserable cold.) 

Here are a few strange things I've tried that seem to be helping, oddly enough. Thought I would pass them on in case you become a victim of the common cold. 


*Mint/Rosemary Vaporizer: Mint and rosemary are known to help with respiratory infections and congestion. Eucalyptus will work, too. So, I picked some fresh mint and rosemary from my herb garden, boiled it, and sniffed. Not only does it smell amazing and work as a potpourri, it really does help significantly! 



*Another equally strange remedy is a cough syrup made by mixing apple-cider vinegar, honey, water, and cinnamon. It really does seem to help quite a lot! 

That is the extent of my home-remedy knowledge this evening. May you ward off the evil common cold, and "may the odds be ever in your favor!"

until next time...

No comments: